Tuition Payment Policy (8.4)
To ensure that tuition is collected in a timely manner and to establish policy whereby unpaid tuition is collected as quickly as possible.
This process is to be followed unless specific other arrangements have been made between the Headmaster and the family involved. Good faith will be presumed on the part of the family unless subsequent circumstances indicate no positive action can be expected.
Late fee: A charge assessed when tuition payment is not received in full by the first day of the month in which it is due.
Returned check fee: A charge assessed when a check is returned to the school from the financial institution due to insufficient funds in the payer’s account.
The following process is to be adhered to in the collection of tuition payments:
- CCA will accept tuition payment in the form of personal checks or money orders. Cash will not be accepted.
- Tuition payments are non-refundable, and non-transferable, regardless of the circumstances.
- In the event tuition payment is not received in full by the first working day of the month, a tuition payment reminder card will be sent by the Headmaster or his delegate to the family not later than the end of the second working day of the month.
- Beginning on the second working day of each month, a late fee of ten ($10.00) dollars per business day will be assessed each day and added to the outstanding tuition balance until the balance is paid in full.
- If the outstanding balance is not paid, or arrangements are not made within fifteen days of the original due date, the Headmaster or his delegate will personally contact the student’s parents. The essential elements or agreements made at that time will be recorded and filed.
- If after all the efforts noted above have been exercised and a period of thirty days from the original due date has elapsed, the Headmaster or his delegate will inform the family concerned that their student(s) is subject to immediate expulsion for financial reasons. At this time, a collection service may be retained to elicit payment of the outstanding tuition balance and any related fees.
- If at any time a check is returned to the school from the bank due to insufficient funds, a twenty ($20.00) dollar returned check fee will be assessed and added to the outstanding tuition balance, and the late fees described above in paragraph 4 shall accrue as though CCA had not received the check.
- All payments received from families who are not current in their tuition payments shall be credited toward that arrearage.
- Payments received from families who are not current in their tuition payments shall not be credited toward registration or application fees. The tuition arrearage must be paid in full, so that there is no arrearage, before the family may register for the following year or apply for assistance for the following year.
- Furthermore, no family may be accepted for the following year, nor shall a place be held for a student if the family is not current in tuition payments, including all late fees, by June 30.
Prepaid Tuition Policy (8.6)
Approved July 1997
Objective: To set guidelines for the receipt and use of any prepaid tuitions.
Scope: This policy applies to any situation in which a family desires to prepay their assessed tuition amount, for one or more years.
"Unused funds": Prepaid tuition monies remaining as a result of a student discontinuing enrollment, for any reason.
a. For one year of prepaid tuition, a discount, set annually by the school board, will be granted.
b. This discount will apply only to a full year’s tuition prepayment made on or before July 1 prior to the start of the academic year.
a. The family must sign a document stating their understanding of the conditions under which the monies are accepted.
b. Before a family may prepay for more than one year, the school board’s approval must be obtained, along with the recommendation of the Headmaster.
a. All prepaid tuitions are non-refundable, and non-transferable, regardless of the circumstances.
b. Any “unused funds” will be calculated and acknowledged with a gift receipt to the donor.