To establish a policy that encourages student attendance at school. At school a student is exposed to various types of instruction. Because each class period should contribute significantly to the curriculum objectives of
This policy applies to all CCA students.
A Planned absence is any absence that is the result of a parent deciding to excuse their student from attendance at school for reasons that are foreseeable. Examples are absences due to family vacations, doctor or dentist visits, programs that are not school-related, etc.
An Unplanned absence is any unforeseeable absence. Specific examples are illnesses, or family emergencies.
1. A record of attendance for each student will be kept in the office. The total number of days absent and days present will be recorded on the student’s quarterly report card and on his high school transcript.
2. Detailed guidelines addressing absences from school will be published in the Staff Handbook and in the Student-Parent Handbook.
3. In the event a student is absent from a class, or from school, for more than ten days during one quarter (for any reason), the student's parents will meet with the principal (and teacher/s if necessary) to determine the student’s grade status.
4. Upon request from parents, the principal is authorized to waive requirements set by other provisions of this policy. In doing so, he should take into account the following: the student's mastery in all subjects, attitude toward work and study, and disciplinary record at school.
5. Otherwise, it is assumed that all students enrolled in